31 March 2010

More button inspiration



I promised to make a follow up to the botton/bowl post the other day. So here are some pictures of buttons that I find inspiring, and a couple of the results from my playing with them.



The button-thing goes back to the sixties when my grandparents had a shop, where they made dresses. I loved to visit them in the shop, to look at all the fabrics and play with the buttons that were kept in a large box. I made rows and pattterns on the floor with them. When my grandmother died in the early 70´s, I inherited another box with buttons and I still have a lot of them.



So look out for fleemarkets,old ladies sewing baskets and old clothes, and the world will never be the same again..

15 comments:

  1. It´s so beautiful ideas!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great selection - amazing what you can come up with,with just a little thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff, I have to keep my eyes open,

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW...In case you missed my post on my blog to you about the wine bottles. You can email Hanneke and ask her to send you a photo of the ones she has for sale.
    dabdab@zeelandnet.nl

    Catherine X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a wonderful 'eye' for looking at objects and imaging them 'repurposed', this is such an inspiring post Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Una buena idea!!!!
    Casi todas las que hacemos miniaturas miramos las cosas en pequeño...jejejejej, todo lo guardamos por si sirve y al final nos hacemos con cajas de cositas pequeñas jejejejeje
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful little creations. I have plenty of old buttons and I'm going to go through them with a renewed sense of purpose! Thank you for showing this! What wonderful ideas.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buttons too and never throw any away. One day, I will give my box away to my nieces :). You have done wonders with your grandma's. Those boxes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I will look at my mother's buttons (she's got a lot) with a new eye.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments. It´s funny because I thought that you all allready had the "button perspective" like me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always loved pretty buttons. Now I can see them with a mini eye. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooohh!!! I love buttons! Very creative!
    Jonna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those buttons are amazing, I love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete